Saturday, May 13, 2006

SPEAKING OF TRANSFORMATIONS......

So tonight we ate dinner at our favorite Mexican place, Tacos Guaymas at Greenlake. Our Afro Boy now helps himself to the chip basket once it is on the table. He no longer requires help breaking the chips into small pieces as he has mastered the skill of taking small bites. However, when the guacamole came, the plain chips no longer held any appeal. They all had to be dipped in the guac first. Finally, I heard these words come out of my mouth:

"you can't makea meal out of chips and guacamole you know"

This was one of those defining parental moments. I know perfectly well that a dish of guac and some chips along w/an ice cold Corona make a fine meal and yet that statement came out of my mouth without thought or effort. Hmmmm, I am a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home