Thursday, June 01, 2006

Perspective.......

Sometimes I need to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, there is nothing happening in my life today that I didn't ask God to bring into my life. Which also reminds me that frequently when we pray to God for something we have no idea what it is we're requesting.

All that is in my life today, all that challenges me and pushes me into new and uncomfortable places - those things were things I prayed about and anticipated. They are things I would never trade for anything in the world. How they look in my daily life has been a surprise - how they have changed me has been a journey - one that I see now is continuous.

This is what I asked for - how amazing. I asked God for these blessings and he gave them to me. I never thought I would marry, I graciously and happily accepted that I would not have one child much less two. It was okay. But when it looked like the opportunities might be available to me and I said to God, "please let it be", he said "Okay". How can I better glorify such abundance?

....I just heard that first welcoming chirp.

1 Comments:

At June 03, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Abundant blessings...don't you suppose that part of the abundance is having the grace to realize the blessings are there in the first place? That's what I'm starting to think, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home